Monday, March 26, 2007

Updates

Yet again, here i am playing catch up!! it was a very busy weekend! i worked at Diamonds by Design on friday and saturday. then yesterday, caden and i, mom & dad, and courtney & kaylee, all left early sunday morning for kansas city, to attend courtney's best childhood friend's baby shower. we grew up with sasha and her mom julie just down the street and at chris and i's wedding, sasha told my dad that she always pretended that he was her dad so he felt it was important that he see her during her pregnancy. she is due april 25--which happens to be my niece, kaylee's birthday! funny how things work out that way. things were fine with courtney and i and the kids who were in my jeep--but sure got hairy whenever we were with my parents!! i don't know what that's about really, but my blood pressure sure shot up while shopping at target and at lunch! CRAZY is all i have to say about that i think. got home around 8pm i think and was sure tuckered out!!
today was a GREAT day other than having to go back to school! I'M SO READY FOR SUMMER!! having said that, some great things happened at school so it wasn't all bad!! i was taking an advanced dysrhythmias class from 4-6, making my monday's at school be 1-6pm. well, it is an elective course that just started before spring break, so i decided that i was no longer interested in taking this class! me and about 5 others i think! so i dropped it! that makes my day again 1-4. then i signed up to enroll for next semester and asked my advisor if she thought it would be possible to get out taking the very dreaded research class. she told me to go and talk to dr. calhoun-the chair of the dept--and professor for that class so very nervously, i approached her. SHE AGREED that my undergraduate and graduate research class would suffice and to have dr. wendling substitute my undergraduate research class for this one!!! I AM SO HAPPY!! that is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!! it is a class that take a tremendous amount of time outside of class and requires a big research project and presentation--all of which i despise!! so yea for me!!!
i had also been waiting on a check in the mail for some time now and finally received it today so now i have some money!!! so much less stress!! so, that's my day!!
tomorrow i am enrolling in the morning and then going to topeka to interview at the diamonds by design store there so that i will be able to work some hours there especially this summer and get more hours in. i'd actually be quite content only working at the one here---and i do love it!! seriously...they are paying me to shop for jewelry, help others pick out beautiful jewels, and play with loose stones to come up with new designs!! a little bit of heaven!! so tomorrow i'm doing that and then spending the night with my cousin shelby so i'll already be in topeka for my clinical wednesday!! then thursday is caden's big boy 3 year old birthday!!! i can hardly believe it!!! so, i'm signing off for a couple of days.....it's entirely possible that i may go into withdrawl from not having a computer near me, but i'll try and work something out!!

No comments: