Wednesday, January 31, 2007

a very long day

1/2 day tuesday (6:30am-1200) and wednesday (6:30am-4pm) are my clinical days for school. yesterday i worked at the cancer center, this morning i was in dialysis, and this afternoon i spent in wound care. let's just say, wound care...not my thing. i have NO desire to pick and scrape people's incredibly deep wounds. until nursing school, i had no idea that wounds could go so deep. anyway, it's not my thing. and by the end of wednesday, my feet HURT!! not bad when i'm moving around a lot, like on the floor, but this standing in 1 place watching like in the OR and today, not such a good deal. i have 2 out of 3 tests tomorrow, so in general not a great week at school.

yesterday afternoon was GREAT however!! jess and i went and met with her Adoption and Beyond social worker for the home study! it's official!! i am so excited for her to be a mom! and of course we did some shopping afterward!

then my husband told me that the big big boss who used to be the plant manager at emporia's plant, called and told him to talk to me and see what it would take for us to relocate to the plant in plattesburg, NY. NY!! no freaking way! i'd love to visit new york, really want to go some day but NYC is a long way from plattesburg and a much longer way from our families! chris doesn't think he wants to go either but we are interested in finding out what's offered. we've already turned this offer down once. we'll do it again i have no doubt. my son and my future children need our families and we already don't see chris's family enough. we'd never see them and that i can't stand. not to mention my parents and of course miss jessie and her soon-to-be new baby. no amount of money could replace any of that. a great compliment for chris though. i'm proud of him. anyway--he can caden will be home soon so i better be get ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another "point to ponder".
No matter what subject matter your in service covers, it won't fix a broken heart...
I can't begin to imagne either of you without the other... But I think it is a great compliment to be offered.