Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's official!!

Well, she did it. My best friend, Jessie, finally managed to get me to blog!! Many of you may know her from her blog "Hunna's Happenings". She's great! So after months and months of gentle pushes, she won! So i guess I should introduce myself. My name is Darby, (clearly), and I am currently working toward becoming an RN (BSN). I have only 3 semesters left!! Prior to starting nursing school, I got a master's degree in social work and worked for 6 years in the one of a kind world of Child Welfare. I truly mean that. It is one of a kind and any of you who work in it know exactly what I mean. I am a mother-- My greatest accomplishment and biggest goal. My son, Caden, will be 3 years old at the end of March. Time goes so fast! I am so in love with him and would be happy at the end of my life just knowing that I had been a good mom to him. He is my world. My husband too! We'll be married for 6 years this August. We've been together though for almost 13 years! He is amazing! Unfortunately, (and i mean that sincerely), my in-laws live almost 2 hours away. Close for some, but I really love them and wish that we had the chance to be with them more often. My parents (all of them) live here in town and keep me very busy! My mom is struggling with many health issues right now so while there is a great deal of stress involved with that, I'm thankful for the opportunity to have her so close. I have several other family members close by here as well, and like most others, don't get to see them often enough. Jessie has been my best friend for almost 3 years now. We met when i was on maternity leave from work. She and I worked as a team doing foster care social work, and became best friends quickly. She inspires me, challenges me, and teaches me so much. In our friendship, we have had many adventures. A trip to Vegas to visit her dad, the journey of her mother's illness and death from pancreatic cancer, adjusting to spending so much time together at work and then my decision to quit work to attend nursing school, my mother's illnesses, my sister's drama (we won't get into that today), and thankfully a much needed trip of a lifetime to Greece at the end of May! Jess has also just begun the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia!! I said earlier, my husband is amazing. I meant it whole-heartedly! He supports me (and Jess) in everything we decide to do and never questioned the times that she needed me through her mom's illness. And what a great husband to let his wife go on all these great trips with her best friend! He loves her too. His respect for her is immense. I'm thankful and lucky to have my best girlfriend and my husband get along so well! I'm extremely lucky to be surrounded with such supportive and loving people! It's not all a bed of roses though....you'll have to re-visit to hear more...

1 comment:

Clickin Mama J said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!!